Call it a salad, or call it a bowl, you’ll love this dish of grilled shrimp, corn, peppers and zucchini kabobs topped with fresh avocado and lime juice, seasoned with our Land & SEAsoning – so tasty you’ll want to make all summer long.
- 32 (12 oz) large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Land & SEAsoning spice mix
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (7 oz) zucchini, cut in large wheels (1/2 inch)
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, quartered, seeds and membrane removed
- 4 small corn cobs, husks removed, cut in half or in 3 equal parts, depending on size
- 1 small avocado (1 small), diced
- Juice from ½ a lime
Note: If so desired, add any other fresh vegetables that are in season like onions, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, etc.
Gently pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Add the 2 tsp of Land & SEAsoning, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss again and carefully skewer shrimp onto pre-soaked wood or metal skewers. Set aside.
Lightly spray the bell pepper, zucchini and corn with olive oil spray and use your hands to evenly coat. Season with 1/2 tsp Land & SEAsoning. Put on a kabob alternating the vegetables.
Over medium to high heat, grill the vegetables for 4 minutes. Using long metal tongs, carefully turn them over to the other side. Then place the shrimp on the grill. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, flipping the shrimp after 2 minutes. Remove everything from the grill at the same time.
Remove the vegetables from the kabob. Place corn cobs on a cutting board and carefully cut off the kernels from the cob. Dice the peppers and zucchini and any other veggies you used. Place the kernels in a medium bowl with the vegetables, avocado and lime juice. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to evenly coat. Divide shrimp and vegetables among 4 servings. Serve with a lime wedge in large bowls, (or works on a plate as well).
1 thought on “Mermaid Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Bowl”