Many people aren’t necessarily fans of broccoli – either raw or steamed (and it can be easily overcooked resulting in a mushy bad tasting veggie). But it’s pretty good as part of a Tempura dish, but it’s oh so tasty when it is roasted, (like other veggies are, e.g., cauliflower, brussel sprouts, potatoes, etc.). You can serve roasted broccoli on its own as a side dish or use it as a replacement for steamed broccoli in quiche or pasta. In addition, broccoli is so good for us since it is one of the top veggies for its nutritional value. With this roasted broccoli recipe, we spice it up a little in terms of both flavor and nutrition with our Land & SEAsoning mix and a few other “spicy” ingredients if you so desire.
- Broccoli florets – cut into pieces leaving some stem (they caramelize and taste just as the top!)
- Olive oil – but use any high smoke point cooking oil you prefer
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked pepper
- Land & SEAsoning Spice Mix
- These need to roast on high heat so preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread florets out on a rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle evenly with oil and then toss so each floret is covered. Make sure after you do this you spread the broccoli out again in an even layer.
- Season the florets evenly with sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Roast on high heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the florets are crispy and a little charred. (Watch closely as these roast quite rapidly and you don’t want to burn them.)
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle to taste some Land & SEAsoning spice mix, and if desired add any extra salt and pepper.
You can do any kind of variation with this recipe: add fresh garlic, shredded Parmesan cheese or our favorite: toss in before cooking one tbsp. sweet chili sauce, one tbsp. sriracha, and the juice of one lime – sprinkle on Land & SEAsoning after removing from oven.
If you weren’t a fan of broccoli before, we bet you’ll become one with this recipe!