The traditional recipe of the ever-popular Ranch Dressing of buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, and herbs is often full of calories, fat, and sodium. So we created a healthy, protein-packed version of the recipe with the addition of Greek yogurt and Nori Flakes. A little bit of mayo is maintained to balance the tanginess of the buttermilk with the yogurt and buttermilk. Makes about 4, 1/4 cup servings.
- 1 6-ounce container 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cultured low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon dried Nori flakes (if you can’t find these, we sell in our Store)
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well-combined.
- Pour into an airtight container like a Mason Jar and chill well (at least 3 hours before use).
- Use as a dressing for salads or a dip for a crudité platter.
Photo: Kate Sears/from Pinterest