Meal Replacement Smoothie for Two People
Try this Smoothie recipe when you don’t feel like eating a meal, but want something nutritious and tasty…it’s loaded with so many healthy things for you. Helps you look good and feel good!
- Handful of greens such as spinach, kale or other dark greens. May also make with a mixture of greens, including celery.
- One scoop of protein powder (ideally plant based, such as from peas rather than whey)
- One small scoop of supplemental dried greens, such as moringa
- One cup of fruit, especially berries, since they do not raise glycemic levels
- One cup of liquid, such as coconut water, herbal teas or diluted fruit juice if juice is very sweet
- 1 tbsp turmeric or ginger or both
- Several ice cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons seaweed gel*
Keep sugar content as low as possible in order to avoid glycation – inflammation from too much sugar.
Optional items to increase nutritional value: 1-2 tablespoons cacao nibs, cinnamon, a small amount of honey, flax seeds, unsweetened plain yogurt, 1 can organic coconut cream.
*Seaweed gel is made by reconstituting seaweed in boiling water and stirring until dissolved. Include an assortment of teas in the boiling water such as green tea, white tea or hibiscus tea. Use a handful of sustainably grown seaweed. This will create a jelly-like substance. Add two tablespoons of the gel into the smoothie mixture. The remaining gel can be stored in the refrigerator for about two weeks. Seaweed gel is nearly tasteless, especially when used with quality, fresh fruit.